Why Should I Make a Will?
Passing without a will in place could leave your loved ones facing financial hardship, unbearable pressure and mounting legal fees at a time of mourning. A will helps protect your assets and relieves the debilitating worry your family could face.
Disputes between relatives over a deceased person’s estate are surprisingly common. The arguments and disagreements that follow can be heartbreaking at such a difficult time.
Many people believe that in the absence of a will, the surviving partner or spouse automatically inherits the deceased’s estate. However, the way this happens does not suit everyone.
Few people consider what could happen in the months and years that follow: assets can be frozen or lost to the state, and children can be disinherited if the surviving partner remarries.
A written will is a vital step towards protecting against any eventuality.
Why Choose Brighton Wills & Family Trusts?
You will be dealing with real people who have your best interests at the heart of our business.
We maintain excellent standards through our membership of The Society of Will Writers, who administer the industry Code of Practice.
Our professional, yet non-stuffy approach is a testament to the hundreds of satisfied clients who have chosen Brighton Wills & Family Trusts to write over 1,500 wills and lasting power of attorney documents since 2014.
And for your peace of mind — we carry Professional Indemnity Insurance of £2 million — and we are always happy to provide references if required.
- 01What is probate?Read more
- 02How Does Probate Work?Read more
- 03What is Intestacy?Read more
- 04What is an Inheritor? Read more
- 05What Is an Inheritance?Read more
- 06What is an Executor?Read more
- 07What is a Trust?Read more
- 08What is a Testator?Read more
- 09What is a Last Will and Testament?Read more
- 10What is a Bequest?Read more
- 11What is a Beneficiary?Read more
- 12Who can inherit if there is no will?Read more
Brighton Will Writers & Family Trusts
“Helping you protect what you have worked all your life for”